Tuesday, January 13, 2009

Single Ladies (Put A Ring On It)

Dear readers,

I bought our engagement ring sometime end of last year, during the mega sale. I browse through a couple of jewelry shops before deciding on "the ring"

I'm not really a fan of emas kuning that's why for my engagement I decided to buy white gold with diamond ring. Prior to this, I have non whatsoever knowledge of diamonds, but after googling in the internet, i found this useful information for those who plan to buy diamonds. These are the characteristics that define the diamonds and the price differs according to these characteristics.

4C's of Diamonds: Cut, Color, Clarity, Carat

Cut
Refers to the angles and proportions of a diamond. Based on scientific formulas, a well-cut diamond will internally reflect light from one mirror-like facet to another and disperse and reflect it through the top of the stone. This results in a display of brilliance and fire, thereby placing well-cut diamonds higher on the Diamond Quality Pyramid than deep or shallow-cut diamonds.

Color
Refers to the degree to which a diamond is colorless. Diamond color has a significant impact on its value. The color scale ranges from D to Z, from colorless to light yellow. Warmer colored diamonds (K–Z) are particularly desirable when set in yellow gold. Icy winter whites (D–G) look stunning set in white gold or platinum.

Clarity
Diamonds with few flaws, or inclusions, are very rare and highly valued. Inclusions are natural identifying characteristics such as minerals or fractures, appearing while formed in the earth. They may look like tiny crystals, clouds or feathers.

Carat
Refers to the weight of a diamond. Carat is often confused with size even though it is actually a measure of weight. One carat is equivalent to 200 milligrams. One carat can also be divided into 100 “points.” A .75 carat diamond is the same as a 75-points or 3/4 carat one.

For more of your reading pleasure, please click this link http://www.diamondsonweb.com/learn/fourc.mhtml

I did my ring browsing with Farah in Midvalley. We went into Tous, a Spanish outlet with chic handbag designs and also jewelries. http://www.tous.es/

This is the ring that caught her eyes.


This is cute too..



Next we went to Goldheart, but couldn't find any design that I liked, but here are a few I found in their website, yg not bad..pricewise I think, a bit expensive tapi cantik la if ada duit lebih apa salahnya kan. http://www.goldheart.com.sg/






This is from Diamond N Platinum, they have gorgeous collection too. I had my eyes on a ring, it is not solitaire, but something like this one, cam diamond princess cut, in 2 lines..a bit chunky, tapi wow..shining.. but the price is way over my bf's budget. Tunggu dia on sale lagi k, syg. U buy for me yeah :p http://www.diamondnplatinum.com/


And also wedding band, for him and for her. Simple but I think these are suitable for engagement.






I also went to Habib Jewels with my mom and sis, since they have a huge sale at the time. After spending a good couple of hours, I decided to buy "the ring". I chose south african loose diamond . It is round shaped diamond and with white gold band. Its special because of the customized band. I changed my mind and decided to go for a design which is not too chunky, so that I can wear it all the time. :) and i think solitaire ring is a classic choice dan tak lapuk dek zaman! http://www.habibjewels.com/web/

Here are few designs from Habib that i liked





For my bf, I bought him a platinum ring from Diamond N Platinum with our names engraved. Quite tough to choose since there is limited choices for men's design and he also personally asked for simple and sophisticated. I hope he likes it!



And here is a clip of a guy dancing to Beyonce's Single Ladies. Enjoy.... :)





Daisypath Wedding PicDaisypath Wedding Ticker

0 Wedding Bell:

Post a Comment

Wedding Bells